The Food Bank of Lincoln has a dedicated staff of employees in a number of interesting and diverse positions.
Occasionally we are recruiting people who are dedicated to our mission of feeding hungry people in the area.
Any positions currently accepting applications will be posted here.
FT Route Driver
Safely operate Food Bank vehicles in several capacities. Route driving for pickup and delivery of Food Bank products. Some Mobile Pantry operations as needed. When not operating one of the Food Bank trucks, this person will assist in the Distribution Center with food handling operations of the Food Bank.
1) Pick up food collected from donor companies or food drives in a safe, courteous and sanitary manner.
2) Deliver Food Bank food to agencies in Lincoln, and our Southeast Nebraska service area.
3) Deliver food to Neighborhood FOOD Program sites, and assist the distribution of that product to clients.
4) Load and unload product at agencies, and at the Food Bank.
5) Support Distribution Center practices by safely loading, inventorying and storing Food Bank product using forklifts, and floor jacks.
6) Cross train in other Distribution Center disciplines as needed.
7) Participate in the ongoing cleaning and maintenance of Food Bank vehicles and equipment.
8) Other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
a) Must have Nebraska Class B CDL.
b) Must be insurable.
c) High interest in excellent customer service.
d) Warehouse and food handling experience helpful.
e) Basic computer skills a must.
f) Ability to safely operate a forklift and electric lift jack, and all other Distribution Center equipment.
g) Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
h) Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
i) Hiring dependent upon successful completion of Pre-Employment screening by Company Care.
The Food Bank of Lincoln is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please call (402) 466-8170
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.