The Food Bank of Lincoln has a dedicated staff of employees in a number of interesting and diverse positions.
Occasionally we are recruiting people who are dedicated to our mission of feeding hungry people in the area.
Any positions currently accepting applications will be posted here.
Status: Part-time (20 hours)**Apply Now**
Reports to: Development Director
Responsibilities: The Food Bank of Lincoln is looking for a professional who can assist with our fundraising efforts – including grant writing, sponsorships and donor research. We need a person with strong organizational and writing skills, a dedication to our mission, and someone who will bring a team-first attitude to the Food Bank’s community outreach and development work.
Schedule: Flexible but ideally 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Monday-Thursday
• Research, write and submit proposals to foundation and corporate partners and United Way in accordance with funders’ requirements and deadlines. Submit reports as required.
• Conduct prospect research to identify new foundation, corporate, individual and organization funders. Submit/follow-up on new funding requests.
• Work with Development Director to solicit sponsors for Empty Bowls soup luncheon and other special events.
• Assist with front reception duties, mail, donation processing and other duties as assigned.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Team player who maintains professional approach at all times.
• Good communicator, with both strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Fundraising and grant-writing experience.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with accounting and budget practices.
• Attention to accuracy.
• Must be able to work independently, keep on track and accomplish tasks without direct supervision.
• Must have a valid Nebraska driver's license.
Applications are due by Friday, July 31. If you have questions about this position, please direct them to John Mabry, Director of Development firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Food Bank of Lincoln is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please call (402) 466-8170
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.