The Food Bank of Lincoln has a dedicated staff of employees in a number of interesting and diverse positions.
Occasionally we are recruiting people who are dedicated to our mission of feeding hungry people in the area.
Any positions currently accepting applications will be posted here.
Responsibilities: **Apply Now**
The Distribution Center Assistant will support the Distribution Center Manager in all facets of the Center with a focus on order-pulling. This person will also perform basic warehouse tasks, such as food storage, processing incoming product, inventory practices, and maintenance and cleaning. Assist in oversight of volunteer efforts and for all distribution centers activity.
1) Support and assist in executing Food Safety Programs
2) Support warehouse practices by preparing agency orders using the order-picking system
3) Assist Distribution Center Manager’s ongoing efforts to continually upgrade practices
4) Support Distribution Center volunteer effort in conjunction with Volunteer Coordinator, and Distribution Center Manager
5) Safely loading and unloading of product using forklifts and floor jacks
6) Participate in the ongoing cleaning and maintenance of Distribution Centers
7) Assist Inventory Director with inventory control
8) Undergo forklift certification
9) May do some driving
10) Other duties as may be assigned
Minimum Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
• Must have attention to detail and high accuracy.
• Warehouse experience preferable, and food handling experience helpful.
• Must be insurable.
• Attention to detail and desire for accuracy a must.
• Basic computer skills preferred.
• Ability to operate a forklift and electric lift jack, and all other warehouse equipment.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Good communication and customer service skills.
• Employment subject to background check and Company Care physical.
The Food Bank of Lincoln is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please call (402) 466-8170
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.