The Food Bank of Lincoln has a dedicated staff of employees in a number of interesting and diverse positions.
Occasionally we are recruiting people who are dedicated to our mission of feeding hungry people in the area.
Any positions currently accepting applications will be posted here.
The Mission of the Food Bank of Lincoln is to Alleviate Hunger in Southeast Nebraska.**Apply Now**
Responsibilities: The Food Bank of Lincoln is looking for a professional who can assist with our special events, front office duties and volunteer activities. We need a professional person with strong organizational skills, a dedication to our mission, and someone who will bring a positive attitude to the Food Bank. The ideal candidate will be a good listener who is willing to take direction while also developing new, more efficient approaches for our systems and efforts to alleviate hunger.
• Schedule special promotions, working closely with Operations Team to make sure we have detailed, accurate plan for deliveries and pickups.
• Assist with special events – from office gatherings to our Empty Bowls fundraiser. That includes assistance with sponsor and restaurant solicitation and the development of corporate partnerships.
• Recruit and provide guidance for volunteers throughout the year, working closely with Operations/Distribution Team.
• Maintain and improve well organized office systems.
• Serve as the first point of contact for the Food Bank in most cases.
• Greet visitors with a warm welcome and provide useful information and direction for volunteers and donors.
• Work closely with Donor and Office Relations Coordinator to assist and supervise office volunteers and to make sure there is always reception coverage during normal business hours.
• Answer the phone with a smile, forward calls and provide information as needed. Be able to answer most caller questions with confidence.
• Respond promptly to phone and e-mail inquiries.
• Manage receiving and sorting of mail, deliveries, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College degree preferred.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Current Nebraska Driver’s License (Must be insurable.)
• Team player who maintains professional approach at all times.
• Good communicator, especially when working with staff and volunteers, with both strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good listener.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with database entry.
• Attention to accuracy.
• Must be insurable.
• Must be able to work independently, keep on track and accomplish tasks without direct supervision.
Deadline to apply for this position is Friday, June 26, 2015.
The Food Bank of Lincoln is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please call (402) 466-8170
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.