HOST A FOOD DRIVE
Hosting a food drive is a great way to build engagement with your employees, church or other organization while helping the
hungry people of Lincoln and surrounding areas.
If you would like to host a food drive, please read the following flyer. This will answer most questions, but don't hesitate to call with any further questions.
Food Drive Guidelines
If you have food to donate you can drop it off at the Food Bank of Lincoln (4840 Doris Bair Circle) or in the blue barrel
at Super Save on 56 & Highway 2.
THE MOST NEEDED FOOD ITEMS INCLUDE
- Tuna or canned chicken
- Canned foods with pop-top lids (soup, stew, chili)
- Canned fruits in its own juice or water
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Peanut butter
- Macaroni & cheese and other boxed dinners
- Brown rice
- 100% fruit juices
- Olive or canola oil
- Low-sugar whole grain cereals
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
The Food Bank cannot accept individual glass jars of baby food. We can accept cases of baby food in glass jars as long as the cases are commercially shrink wrapped. We can also accept boxes of baby cereal and plastic jars of juice for infants.
THE MOST NEEDED PERSONAL CARE ITEMS INCLUDE
- Bath tissue
- Diapers and wipes
- Personal hygiene products