Donations of time are very important to keep the Food Bank operating effectively. The Food Bank of Lincoln is
always in need of volunteers for events and special promotions which would be off-site.
If you are interested in volunteering for Food Bank Lincoln
*We appreciate every volunteer inquiry, but cannot guarantee availability.
Student Volunteer Hours
We have a limited number of shifts available exclusively for students (high school and college). Once these fill, we will not offer additional shifts exclusively for student volunteers.
Current Student Volunteer Opportunities
Thanks to incredible reponse, all Student Volunteer shifts through December are full.
We will post spring Student Volunteer shifts in December or early January. Please check back at that time for a list of days and times students may volunteer. Thank you!
Important Notes about Student Volunteer Opportunities
A maximum of 10 volunteers will be allowed per shift. A minimum of 4 volunteers are needed per shift or the volunteer shift will be canceled.
To register for Student Volunteer hours, please call or email Jami Gordon at the Food Bank of Lincoln.
NOTE: Completing an online waiver/application does NOT guarantee your volunteer shift. You must also contact Jami at the Food Bank to confirm your registration.
For additional volunteer opportunities in the Lincoln community, we recommend you visit VolunteerLinc.
Questions? Contact Jami Gordon
402-466-8170, ext. 124
Are you wondering how to help? Click here to find out!
- Picking up donated food.
- Sorting, stocking, and repacking food.
- Delivering promotional supplies.
- Preparing mailings.
- Working at special events.
- Telephone follow-up.
- Working at the LPS Emergency Pantry.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to offer their individual services without adult supervision.
- Adult supervisors must accompany volunteers ages 10 to 15 and must work beside the volunteers at all times.
- One adult is required for every seven volunteers ages 10 to 15.
- For volunteers under the age of 10, please contact Jami to ensure we have an opportunity that will be appropriate.
- We are unable to accept court ordered community service volunteers.