Donations of time are very important to keep the Food Bank operating effectively. The Food Bank of Lincoln is
always in need of volunteers for events and special promotions which would be off-site.
If you are interested in volunteering for Food Bank Lincoln
- Picking up donated food.
- Sorting, stocking, and repacking food.
- Delivering promotional supplies.
- Preparing mailings.
- Working at special events.
- Telephone follow-up.
- Working at the LPS Emergency Pantry.
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m.-Noon and 1-4 p.m.
Special June Opportunity
We're looking for volunteers to assist with food donation sorting and distribution preparation in June. Available shifts are: Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, from 1-4 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m.-Noon. If you're interested, please email Kim or call (402) 466-8170, ext. 121.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to offer their individual services without adult supervision.
- Adult supervisors must accompany volunteers ages 10 to 15 and must work beside the volunteers at all times.
- One adult is required for every seven volunteers ages 10 to 15.
- For volunteers under the age of 10, please contact Kim Miller to ensure we have an opportunity that will be appropriate.
- We are unable to accept court ordered community service volunteers or volunteers currently on probation.
SNAP (Food Stamp) Outreach
Through our SNAP Outreach Program we are helping individuals and families get food assistance via food stamps (currently known as
SNAP – Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program). Our goal is to partner with community agencies to be able to reach out
to those in need and help them fill out the application and offer follow-up as needed.
- Are you looking for ways to volunteer and make a difference in your community?
- Are you compassionate and like to assist less fortunate individuals?
- Are you a student looking for a place to do your community work through an organization that really makes a difference?
- Are you dependable and trusting?
Click here for SNAP volunteer information.