Donations of time are very important to keep the Food Bank operating effectively. The Food Bank of Lincoln is
always in need of volunteers for events and special promotions which would be off-site.
If you are interested in volunteering for Food Bank Lincoln
*We appreciate every volunteer inquiry, but cannot guarantee availability.
GoPo Volunteer Hours
GoPo Volunteer opportunities are available for high school students:
- Friday, March 17, 2017: 9 a.m.-Noon OR 1-4 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18, 2017: 1-4 p.m.
- Friday, April 14, 2017: 9 a.m.-Noon OR 1-4 p.m.
- Saturday, April 29, 2017: 1-4 p.m.
A maximum of 7 volunteers will be allowed per shift. A minimum of 4 volunteers are needed per shift or the volunteer shift will be canceled.
To register for GoPo volunteer hours, please call or email Corrine Gernhart at the Food Bank of Lincoln.NOTE: Completing an online waiver/application does NOT guarantee your volunteer shift. You must also contact Corrine at the Food Bank to confirm your registration.
Are you wondering how to help? Click here to find out!
- Picking up donated food.
- Sorting, stocking, and repacking food.
- Delivering promotional supplies.
- Preparing mailings.
- Working at special events.
- Telephone follow-up.
- Working at the LPS Emergency Pantry.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to offer their individual services without adult supervision.
- Adult supervisors must accompany volunteers ages 10 to 15 and must work beside the volunteers at all times.
- One adult is required for every seven volunteers ages 10 to 15.
- For volunteers under the age of 10, please contact Michaella to ensure we have an opportunity that will be appropriate.
- We are unable to accept court ordered community service volunteers.