Communications Coordinator, (Full time, up to 40 hours/week)
Mission: To alleviate hunger in Southeast Nebraska
Position: 40 hours per week, occasional evening, weekend and overtime
Reports to: Community Engagement Director
Overview: The Food Bank of Lincoln looking for a skilled communications professional to join our Outreach and Development team. The ideal candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in social media content development and planning, digital and print mail marketing, and basic web design. This role requires strength in storytelling through written, oral, and basic video production. This role is responsible for producing annual reports, newsletters, multi-channel advertising and occasional grant and other fundraising support.
Responsibilities: Our Communications Coordinator will attend community events, collect photo/video images and interact with a diverse audience, including people from various socioeconomic backgrounds and media representatives, to help tell the Food Bank’s story. To succeed in this role, you must be a person who can assume lead roles on project management. Candidates with experience in public relations, marketing, advertising or related communications knowledge and experience will be given priority.
As a member of the Outreach and Development team, you will work with internal and external Food Bank audiences. The ability to work independently and alongside our team is imperative. You must be a proactive person who knows how to balance time, changing demands and a schedule that has you working in the office as well as out in our service area. The ideal candidate will be a good listener who will maintain or improve efficiency practices and efforts to alleviate hunger in our 16-county service area.
- Prepare media releases, copy for ads, social media posts and newsletters in a timely manner.
- Update, develop and deliver community presentations.
- Maintain content updates on lincolnfoodbank.org.
- Provide communications support on promotional and logistic efforts for special events.
- Maintain brand integrity.
- Respond promptly, courteously and professionally to all inquiries.
- Support development and outreach, including special events, communications, tours and presentations.
- Proactively greet all guests, visitors and colleagues with a warm welcome.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to accuracy.
- Team player who maintains professional approach at all times.
- Great listener and communicator, especially when working with staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Some basic design experience using Adobe products helpful, but not required.
- Must be able to work independently, keep on track and accomplish tasks without constant direct supervision.
- Must be insurable with a valid Nebraska driver’s license.