Development Assistant/Grants Specialist, 20 hours/week
Mission: To alleviate hunger in Southeast Nebraska
Position: Up to 20 hours per week
Reports to: Development Director
Responsibilities: The Food Bank of Lincoln is looking for a professional who can assist with our fundraising efforts – including grant writing, sponsorships and donor research. We need a person with strong organizational and writing skills, a dedication to our mission, and someone who will bring a team-first attitude to the Food Bank’s community outreach and development work.
Schedule: Flexible and negotiable but ideally four five-hour shifts most weeks.
- Research, write and submit proposals to foundation and corporate partners and United Way in accordance with funders’ requirements and deadlines. Submit reports as required.
- Conduct prospect research to identify new foundation, corporate, individual and organization funders. Submit/follow-up on new funding requests.
- Work with Development Director to solicit corporate sponsors for Empty Bowls soup luncheon, Lincoln CAN and other special events.
- Support Donor Relations Coordinator in upkeep of donor records.
- Pick up and open mail and enter first list of check receipts for the day before handoff to Finance.
- Assist with front reception duties, mail, donation processing and other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player who maintains professional approach at all times.
- Good communicator, with both strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fundraising and grant-writing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with accounting and budget practices.
- Attention to accuracy.
- Must be able to work independently, keep on track and accomplish tasks without direct supervision.