Route Driver, 40 hours/week
Mission: To alleviate hunger in Southeast Nebraska
Position: 40 Hour per week Route Driver
Reports to: Distribution Center Manager, Director of Operations
Responsibilities: Safely operate Food Bank vehicles in several capacities. Route driving for pickup and delivery of Food Bank products. Some Mobile Pantry operations as needed. When not operating one of the Food Bank trucks, this person will assist in the Distribution Center with food handling operations of the Food Bank.
- Support the Food Bank’s overall safety efforts.
- Support and implement food safety and AIB processes.
- Pick up food collected from donor companies or food drives in a safe, courteous and sanitary manner.
- Deliver Food Bank food to agencies in Lincoln, and our Southeast Nebraska service area.
- Deliver food to distributions, and assist clients.
- Load and unload product at agencies, and at the Food Bank.
- Support Distribution Center practices by safely loading, inventorying and storing Food Bank product using forklifts, and floor jacks.
- Cross train in other Distribution Center disciplines as needed.
- Participate in the ongoing cleaning and maintenance of Food Bank vehicles and equipment.
- Complete daily paperwork.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Must be insurable.
- A valid Nebraska Driver’s license
- High interest in excellent customer service.
- Warehouse and food handling experience helpful.
- Write/Speak English.
- Basic computer skills a must.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and electric lift jack, and all other Distribution Center equipment.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be available to work some evening and weekend hours
- Hiring dependent upon successful completion of Pre-Employment screening by Company Care.