Communications Coordinator, 30 hours/week
Mission: To alleviate hunger in Southeast Nebraska
Position: Up to 30 hour per week
Reports to: Community Engagement Director
Overview: The Food Bank of Lincoln looking for a skilled communications professional to join our Outreach and Development team. The ideal candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in digital and print mail marketing. This role requires strength in storytelling through written, oral and basic video production. A core understanding of brand integrity and messaging is fundamental.
Responsibilities: Our Communications Coordinator will attend community events, take photos and interact with a diverse audience, including people from various socio-economic backgrounds. To succeed in this role, you must be a person who is capable of assuming occasional lead roles on project management. We will consider candidates with experience in public relations, marketing, advertising or related communications knowledge and experience. As a member of the Outreach and Development team, you will work with internal and external Food Bank audiences. The ability to work independently and alongside our team is imperative. You must be a proactive person who knows how to balance time, changing demands and a schedule that has you working in the office as well as out in our service area. The ideal candidate will be a good listener who will maintain or improve efficiency practices and efforts to alleviate hunger in our 16-county service area.
- Prepare media releases, copy for ads, social media posts and newsletters in a timely manner.
- Update and develop presentations.
- Maintain content updates on lincolnfoodbank.org.
- Offer communications support on promotional and logistic efforts for special events.
- Maintain brand integrity.
- Answer all inquiries with a sense of superior customer service.
- Respond promptly and courteously to phone and e-mail inquiries.
- Support development and outreach activities, including special events, communications, tours and presentations.
- Proactively greet all guests, visitors and colleagues with a warm welcome.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to accuracy.
- Team player who maintains professionalism at all times.
- Great listener and communicator, especially when working with clients, volunteers and staff.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Some basic design experience using Adobe products helpful, but not required.
- Must be able to work independently, keep on track and accomplish tasks without constant direct supervision.
- Must be available to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Must be insurable with a valid Nebraska driver’s license.