Route Driver and Distribution Center Assistant
The Mission of the Food Bank of Lincoln is to Alleviate Hunger in Southeast Nebraska.
Position Title: Route Driver and Distribution Center Assistant
Position: 40 hours per week, occasional evening, weekend and overtime
Reports To: Distribution Center Manager, Director of Operations
Generous Benefits Package: Medical, dental, vision coverage. Flex reimbursement plan. Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Pension plan available with employer contribution beginning in January following one year of employment.
Responsibilities: The Route Driver and Distribution Center Assistant will support the operation of the Food Bank Programs. This will include order-pulling, delivery of product to various sites throughout Southeast Nebraska, assisting in the coordination and delivery of retail rescue routes, local and rural mobile food distributions, processing incoming and outgoing product, maintaining inventory practices and performing maintenance and cleaning duties.
- Operate Food Bank truck to deliver products to Food Bank partners in Lincoln and our Southeast Nebraska service area.
- Load and unload product at partners, agencies and at the Food Bank Distribution Center.
- Pick up food collected from donor companies or food drives in a safe, courteous and sanitary manner.
- Support distribution center practices by safely loading, inventorying, storing and organizing orders using forklifts and floor jacks.
- Utilize computerized inventory system to verify supply of incoming and outgoing products.
- Cross-train and assist at both Food Bank Distribution Centers and help with assigned tasks such as running routes, order selecting, cleaning, inventory, making deliveries, recycling and other related duties, as assigned.
- Complete daily paperwork.
- Conduct daily truck inspection and report any maintenance issues.
- Participate in the ongoing cleaning and maintenance of Food Bank facility, vehicles and equipment.
- Support operations personnel as directed by management.
- Support the Food Bank’s overall safety effort.
- Participate in regular AIB food safety and equipment safety training and implement safe processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service via active listening and communication.
- Ability to provide customer care and support via telephone, in-person and email communication.
- Previous experience in warehouse and/or food handling experience is helpful.
- Must hold a valid state of NE driver’s license.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred, but not required.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and electric lift jack, and all other distribution center equipment.
- Ability to read/write/speak English language.
- Basic computer knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull more than 75 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to inside and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.