Important Commodities Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) Information
January 25, 2019 - March 31, 2019
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services has identified the Food Bank of Lincoln as the administrator for the federal Commodities Supplemental Food Program in the Lincoln area. This is a transition that occurred at the end of 2018 when the Food Bank was asked to take over for the Indian Center, which previously served as administrator and distributor.
Beginning in February 2019, the Food Bank of Lincoln will serve as the area’s administrator and work with the Center for People in Need, a Food Bank partner agency, to distribute CSFP bags to eligible neighbors.
Eligibility & How to Apply
Eligibility guidelines for CSFP are determined by the USDA. For details about eligibility and to apply, please click here.
As part of the application process, verification of identity and age is required. Please bring your driver’s licence or a state i.d. card.
Effective February 2019
Housing Unit Deliveries
• Friday, Feb. 1: Wahoo/Ashland
• Tuesday, Feb. 5: Lincoln
• Wednesday, Feb. 6: Lincoln
• Tuesday, Feb. 12: Nebraska City City/Syracuse/Lincoln
• Wednesday, Feb. 13: Lincoln
• Tuesday, Feb. 20: Lincoln
Walk-in appointments occur each Wednesday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Center for People in Need, 3901 N. 27th St. We will follow the schedule outlined below:
• 1st Wednesday of each month: Last names beginning A – F
• 2nd Wednesday of each month: Last names beginning G – L
• 3rd Wednesday of each month: Last names beginning M – R
• 4th Wednesday of each month: Last names beginning S – Z
The last day of the month (regardless of the day of the week), will be open for any walk-in client.
Home deliveries, are specifically for home-bound seniors. These will be conducted on the 3rd Monday of the month.