Find yourself with unopened bottles of juice from your son’s party, that sale on tuna too good to pass up? If you have extra food to share, or have purchased food or personal care items for people in need, please drop your generous food donations off at:
- The Food Bank of Lincoln: 4840 Doris Bair Circle, Ste. A
- Super Saver: 56th St. & Hwy. 2*
- Super Saver: 27th St. & Cornhusker Hwy.*
*Food Bank barrels are blue and often located inside the entrance/exit. Our barrels have the Food Bank logo on them.
Looking to organize a food drive? Great! Click here to begin.
Most needed food items include:
- Tuna or canned chicken
- Canned foods with pop-top lids (soup, stew, chili)
- Canned fruits in their own juice or water
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Peanut butter
- Macaroni & cheese and other boxed dinners
- Brown rice & long-grain white rice (not the instant/quick-cooking variety)
- 100% fruit juices
- Olive or canola oil
- Low-sugar whole grain cereals
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
The Food Bank cannot accept individual glass jars of baby food. We can accept cases of baby food in glass jars as long as the cases are commercially shrink wrapped. We can also accept boxes of baby cereal and plastic jars of juice for infants.
Most needed personal care items include:
- Bath tissue
- Diapers and wipes
- Personal hygiene products