Join us on the front line in our efforts to alleviate hunger. Volunteers are at the heart of what keeps the Food Bank operating effectively.
We appreciate every volunteer inquiry, but cannot guarantee availability. Due to generous community interest, we tend to have a volunteer waiting period of 4-6 weeks.
Completing an online waiver/application does NOT guarantee your volunteer shift. You must also contact Kati at the Food Bank to confirm your registration.
Three ways to start the volunteer application process:
2) Contact Kati Umberger, (402) 466-8170, ext. 112 or email Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
Mail completed forms to:
Food Bank of Lincoln
4840 Doris Bair Cr. Ste. A
Lincoln, NE 68504
- Closed-toe shoes are required in the Distribution Center. (Due to health and safety regulations, we cannot permit guests and volunteers into the Distribution Center without proper attire.)
- Sleeveless shirts are not permitted in the Distribution Center.
- Must be at least 16 years of age without adult supervision.
- Adult supervisors must accompany volunteers ages 10 to 15 and must work beside the volunteers at all times.
- One adult is required for every seven volunteers ages 10 to 15.
- For volunteers under the age of 10, please contact us to ensure we have an opportunity that will be appropriate.
We are unable to accept court-ordered community service volunteers.
Typical Opportunities Include:
- Pick up food from designated sites.
- Sort, stock, and repack food.
- Deliver promotional supplies to designated sites.
- Prepare mailings.
- Work at special events.
- LPS Emergency Pantry support.
- Reception assistance.
Student Volunteer Hours
We have a limited number of student shifts available. Once these are filled, we will not offer additional student hours. A maximum of 10 volunteers will be allowed per shift. A minimum of 4 volunteers are needed per shift or the volunteer shift will be canceled.
To register for student volunteer hours, please call or email Kati Umberger at the Food Bank of Lincoln.