Food Program (CSFP)
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services has identified the Food Bank of Lincoln as the administrator for the federal Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) in the Lincoln area. Eligibility and How to Apply Eligibility guidelines for CSFP are determined by the USDA. For details about eligibility and to apply, please click here. As part of the application process, verification of address and age are required. Please bring your driver’s license or a state ID card.
What is CSFP?
- CSFP is a program for seniors 60 and over whose income is 130% of the federal poverty line.
- The program provides free monthly dry food bags designed to cover major food groups: grains, fruits and vegetables, meat and dairy.
How do you qualify?
- Participants must be 60 or older.
- Qualified participants must live in Lancaster, Otoe or Saunders county.
- Your household income must fall in the category of 130% of the poverty line:
· Household of 1: income equal to, or less than, $1,473 a month
· Household of 2: income equal to, or less than, $1,984 a month
· For each additional household member, add $512 a month.
CSFP Pick Up Information
- Walk-in appointments occur from 1-3 p.m. on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Food Bank of Lincoln (1221 Kingbird Road, Lincoln, NE).
- Rural CSFP pick-ups are available in Syracuse, Nebraska City, Ashland and Wahoo.
- Delivery to homebound individuals is available with a physician’s note.
- You must bring a driver’s license or state I.D.
If you have any questions, contact Melanie Hooper at (402) 466-8170, ext. 2001.